Re: how to write a scheme function to override glissando properties

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: how to write a scheme function to override glissando properties
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:04:15 +0100

Am 14.12.2010 um 20:16 schrieb Marc Hohl:

Am 14.12.2010 14:25, schrieb Patrick Schmidt:
Hi all,
Hi Patrick,

I noticed that glissandi are quite often hardly visible in a Staff- context. There is also a huge difference in the look of glissandi in Staff- and TabStaff-contexts. I'd like to write a function to adjust these differences for Staffs and TabStaffs separately but I don't even manage to manipulate the look in general. I'd be very grateful if someone showed me what's missing in the following code alternatives:

[...]

Don't you think that you could introduce global values within a layout block which fit
for the whole document?

Something like

\layout {
  \context {
    \Voice
    \override Glissando #'minimum-length =#<best value for staves>
\override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set- spacing-rods
  }
  \context {
    \TabVoice
\override Glissando #'minimum-length = #<best value for tab staves> \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set- spacing-rods

Hi Marc,

thanks for your solution but I'm still trying to find out what's wrong with the scheme function I posted. I discussed the need for this function with Carl and he gave me some advice: http://www.mail- archive.com/address@hidden/msg32745.html.

It might be impossible to find a general set of values for staves and tab staves. If I don't succeed I learned something about writing scheme functions, at least. Maybe you can spot the mistake in the function?

Thanks for your help!

patrick
Regards,

Marc