Re: Specifying bezier curve for tie across line break collides with clef

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: Specifying bezier curve for tie across line break collides with clef symbol
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:08:34 +0200

On Wed 15 Dec 2010, 12:59 Nick Payne wrote:
> Here's a small example that demonstrates the problem. The lower of
> the two ties between bars 2 and 3 appears to go to the wrong note,
> and if you uncomment the override for the tie control points to get
> it correctly positioned vertically, the continuation of the tie in
> bar 3 starts at the left of the clef symbol.
Hi, Nick,

i've posted a function for shaping broken slurs (thanks to Neil and an
author of that snippet, see source attached), see here:

Now (see attached) here is modified version, which defines both \shapeSlur and
\shapeTie; these can shape both broken and unbroken curves.

Now, if broken one becomes unbroken, it will be "shaped" with defauls and
coloured in red; the same for unbroken which becomes broken. Change staff size
to smth like 16 to see the difference.

I have included your sample and attached a picture.

Sorry.. is that what you need?-)

"I can miss and/or mess virtually anything" (mt)^W(tm)

ps. Please, anyone, i am not sure i am doing things rigth! If you can suggest
better code, please do!

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad

  Be careful! These are some commonly used abbreviations:
   • LM -- Learning Manual
   • NR -- Notation Reference
   • IR -- Internal Reference

  Look at LilyPond’s documentation to find more.