Re: issue classification was: Odd output

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: issue classification was: Odd output
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:04:45 -0500

FWIW, Finale 2010 *does* support this if you put the notes in separate layers (voices), add a courtesy accidental to the natural note, and fiddle with the Accidental Mover and Note Position gui tools.  It doesn't do the right thing by default, though. Image attached.

So if pride in LilyPond's capabilities is a motivator, this may help bump the issue's priority :-)

Cheers,
Mike

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 3:19 AM, Jan Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

2010/12/10 Marco Correia <address@hidden>:
> Thanks!
>
> I can't believe that this is seen as a low priority enhancement...! This
> completely renders lilypond unusable for the task I need it, which is to serve
> as a printer for computer generated music. The output is not ugly - it is
> plain wrong!

I agree with Marco, in my opinion this issue should be medium priority defect.
Or even a high priority one (i took a look at current high priority
defects and they don't look much grave than this one).

Actually, i'd like to discuss issue classification in general, because
in my opinion it could use a lot of improvement. Should i do this now
on developers list, or maybe wait until 2.14 is out? Or wait for GOP?
I don't want to disrupt current development process too much.

cheers,
Janek