Re: virtualization software for windows

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: virtualization software for windows
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:35:58 +0100

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Valentin Villenave
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> In my opinion, the absolute ideal alternative is to use Wubi (it would
>> work great with LilyBuntu, btw):
>
> Does it work on OSX?

Touché. It does not, since Linux doesn't adequately supports OSX's filesystem.

That being said, Mac OSX has native support for bash, git, and even
the whole GNU toolchain via Fink/Macports. So I guess LilyBuntu is
primarily aimed at Windows users (at least, I haven't heard of any
contributor who might be running lilybuntu under OSX, but I'm waiting
to be proved wrong).

Cheers,
Valentin.