Re: [Lyrics] Ignoring tie

From: Susan Dittmar
Subject: Re: [Lyrics] Ignoring tie
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:48:45 +0100

Quoting Carlo Stemberger (address@hidden):
> Yes, but anyway the result is that the 2 stanzas are printed 2 times.

I do not have the time to play around with my idea, but...

You could use \lyrics instead of \lyricsto to add stanzas. In this case the
syllables' durations are not taken from a melody, but can be (and need to
be) entered just like the durations of the pitches is.

Xavier Scheuer just sent a mail on this list with subject
'Doc: NR 2.1.2 Lyrics and repeats, improvement proposals',
giving a proposal as to how second stanzas *could* be added.

Maybe (though it sounds almost too good to be true) those two approaches
can be combined to give you a chance to use \lyricsto most of the time, but
switch to some kind of \lyrics processing wherever it's needed.

Hope that helps,

        Susan