Re: Printing barnumber 1 (oh no, not again)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Printing barnumber 1 (oh no, not again)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 01:19:01 +0100

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Jan Warchoł
<address@hidden> wrote:
> please, don't post such vulgar jokes here.
> In my opinion it's a shame for the project.

Then I'm very ashamed to say I found it to be rather hilarious... :)

The following one is famous in France, where as you may know we use to
have very helpful concierges on the ground floor of our buildings.

So there's this guy, a violin player in the French National Symphony
Orchestra in Paris. Like all violin players, he doesn't mind to have
other gigs around, he has his own quartet, plays in various concerts,
and so on. And then suddenly one evening, he has an important recital
elsewhere, so he can't make it to the Orchestra's concert. He's a bit
annoyed (he's just a violin player amongst two dozens, but still). So,
he goes to see his concierge and tells him:

"Hey mate, can you do me a favor and cover for me tonight? It would be
of great help, and of course I'll pay you for your time. Here, take
this violin and this suit, and be at the concert hall at 7.
-- But... I can't play the violin!
-- It's ridiculously easy: all you have to do is sit among the others,
put the bow on the strings and when the Conductor lowers his arm, do
exactly like the others."

There he goes. The concierge does exactly as he was told, he puts on
the fancy suit, takes the violin, arrives on time and sits with the
other violins when the concert begins. The other musicians look a bit
familiar to him, but he's too worried to notice.
There comes the conductor. He raises his arm... Lowers his arm...
... And nothing happens. Total silence.

Very confused, the concierge looks around him: everybody's sitting
still and as confused as he is. And this is when he realizes that all
the musicians gathered in the orchestra this evening... are actually
concierges just like him.

Cheers,
Valentin.