Re: Preventing automatic measure break

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Preventing automatic measure break
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:02:21 +0100

On 8 November 2010 16:37, Javier Ruiz-Alma <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like the engraving to stick to three measures per line.
>
> One line is automatically breaking with only two measures.  Best I can tell,
> it's because of lyrics text.
>
> Is there a way to:
> a) force these three measures to stay together, or

In addition to Phil's answer:
NR "4.3.7 Using an extra voice for breaks" is really convenient for
what you want to achieve.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/using-an-extra-voice-for-breaks

> b) globally force all lyric text to a (smaller) font size?

  \override Lyrics.LyricText #'font-size = #0  % default: 1.0

OR

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Lyrics