Re: keeping dynamics, etc out of TabStaff and/or TabVoice

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: keeping dynamics, etc out of TabStaff and/or TabVoice
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:55:10 +0100

On 8 November 2010 16:36, Mike Jarmy <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm working on a guitar score that has both a 'normal' Staff and a
> TabStaff.  The 'normal' Staff has two Voices, and the TabStaff has two
> TabVoices.  I define the music separately, using one group of notes
> for each voice, and then include it all into each Staff.  It works
> very nicely.

Hi!

> However, it would be great if there were some way to specify that
> dynamics, crescendos, 8vas, and the like would not appear in the
> TabStaff -- only the 'normal' Staff.  The final product would look
> cleaner that way.  Is there some way to specify that the TabStaff only
> display notes, and nothing else?  Of course I could just copy and
> paste the notes, sans markings, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it,
> since any subsequent changes would have to be done in two places.

Yes it should be possible.
You need to remove the related engravers from TabStaff and
TabVoice.

  \layout {
    \context {
      \TabVoice
      \remove "Dynamic_align_engraver"
      \remove "New_dynamic_engraver"

should do the trick.
Actually I do not think the removal of "Dynamic_align_engraver" was
really necessary, "New_dynamic_engraver" certainly.
I did not find something relevant to remove in TabStaff.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/internals/tabstaff
"Ottava_spanner_engraver" is not part of the TabStaff context (2.13.38)

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>