TabStaff.minimumFret on more than one TabVoice

From: Mike Jarmy
Subject: TabStaff.minimumFret on more than one TabVoice
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 16:23:23 -0400

For a guitar score that I'm working on, I'd like to be able to specify
two TabVoices, and have a different TabStaff.minimumFret setting
active for each voice.  The idea here is that the lower voice is
playing on open guitar strings, while the upper voice has moved up the
neck and is playing higher frets.   Is there a standard way to do
this, or perhaps some kind of workaround?

I've attached a png (which I hope is kosher on this mailing list)
showing what the output is in its current incorrect state, and how I
wished it looked.  Here is the lilypond source code that produced the
png:

treble = {
    \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #7
    d'16 g b d~d b g d
}

bass = {
    \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #0
    d8 d g d
}

\book {
    \markup "doesn't work:"
    \score {
        \new StaffGroup <<
            \new Staff<<
                \time 2/4
                \new Voice { \voiceOne \relative c' { \treble }}
                \new Voice { \voiceTwo \relative c' { \bass }}

            \new TabStaff<<
                \time 2/4
                \new TabVoice { \voiceOne \relative c { \treble }}
                \new TabVoice { \voiceTwo \relative c { \bass }}

    }

    \markup "what I wish that I had on one tab staff:"