Re: NoteNames and alternative note names

From: tomas
Subject: Re: NoteNames and alternative note names
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:52:04 +0200

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:57:56PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:

[...]

> Since you're familiar with Scheme, you may use the following hack
> (adapting it to your needs, of course):

At last had occasion to play with. The result is attached. Very cool.
Now I'm trying to get a grip on how to position the note names above and
below the (two-voice) staff.

A short note on the attached notes (haha). This is a typical pattern in
Balinese music called "kotekan": the two voices play in a tight
interlocking pattern.

A couple of things stick out. For one, there are many manual beams. That
may be due to my Lilypondian inexperience[1]. Second, there are many
explicit octave marks: \relative doesn't work as it should; although the
melodies almost always move in small steps (in Balinese terms), the
intervals between the balinese notes are (usually) not uniform.

Let this suffice. More deetails in my other mail

Regards

[1] Especially you all may have a good laugh at the "kempli" part "o o o
o...". There must be a better way :-)

-- tomás