Getting markup aligned to the bottom of the last page

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Getting markup aligned to the bottom of the last page
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:33:26 +0200

Hello Group

I am trying to add a descriptive text to the end of a score. I tried reading
the snipped for a title page¹ and how this accomplishes it, but even after a
couple of years of using lilypond, I still didn't manage to grasp scheme. It's
just too weird. *duckandhide*

So I tried the Microsoft Word approach: just push everything down by newlines.
I have between-system-padding set to 0 and enabled ragged-last-bottom. So on
the last page I created some extra spacing between its two systems by adding a
column to one of the lyrics syllables (marked as a red box in the screenshot).

annote-spacing tells me that there is lots of room left (11.72). But even if I
add just one more line to the lyrics column as it is seen in the screenshot,
the entire text below the system is put onto the next page.

I found out that I can prevent the latter problem by specifying a page-count,
but that’s only a workaround. So the question is: what is the proper way to
add some markup text and bottom-align it? (in a naïve way of thinking: add an
auto-stretching vertical spacer between the score and the markup)

Thanks for some insight.

¹ http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=368
PS.: The screenshot is blanked out a little to make the file smaller.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Windows: reboot. Linux: be root.