Re: how to position \tempo in a non-top staff

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: how to position \tempo in a non-top staff
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:46:51 +0200

On 22 October 2010 13:57, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> \new Staff \with{ \consists ... }
> , I assume?  You only want to display the metronome mark in this staff,
> right?

Agree.  You need also to remove "Staff_collecting_engraver" from
Score to Staff , otherwise it will appear _also_ on top of the Score .
Warning: this will affect RehearsalMark in the same way (but this is
not really a problem IMO since both are usually displayed similarly).

> You might prefer to use a StaffGroup and add the tempo engraver to
> that, instead of fiddling with individual staves.  That's certainly
> what I'd do in a full orchestra score, if you want to display the
> tempo above the woodwinds, brass, and strings.

That's what I'm doing too (for both MetronomeMark and RehearsalMark).

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>