Re: negative distance between systems

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: negative distance between systems
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:00:57 -0700

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 02:01:22 -0700, zbigb wrote:

I tried modifying all of the vertical spacing snippets I could find, but
didn't get any closer,

The link in your message was to the manual for the development version 2.13, and the
vertical spacing system is changing in that version.  Instead,
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Vertical-spacing-between-systems#Vertical-spacing-between-systems>

I do not understand why doubling between-system-space quadruples the spacing,
but by trial and error :

\version "2.12.3"
\paper {
  between-system-space = 16 % I want exactly 4 staff-spaces
  between-system-padding = #-9
}
{ \repeat unfold 80 { c' d' e' f' } ]

(The development version looks more sane in this area, so this should become
easier in the forthcoming version 2.14 )