Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Parallel dynamics, markup, sponsor, etc.
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:56:14 +0200

On Oct 19, 2010, at 7:59 PM, Cordilow wrote:

>> If I understand correctly, is this similar to the (rather hackish, imo) lsr
> snippet?  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=450
>
> I don't think so. What I mean is with multiple notes so that the dynamics
> above each note (not the same note) are the same height above the staff.
Can you maybe provide a little snippet or picture which shows what you want and
what lilypond produces? This is what I get:
%\version "2.12.3"

music = \relative c' {
   g a h c
   d e f g
   a h c d
   e f g a
   h c d2
}

dynamicsI = {
   s4\ppp s\pp s\p s\mp
   s4\< s\! s\> s\!
   s4\mf s\f s\ff s\fff
   s4\> s\! s\< s\!
   s4\sfz\> s s2\!
}
dynamicsII = {
   \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #4
   s4\ppp s\pp s\p s\mp
   s4\< s\! s\> s\!
   s4\mf s\f s\ff s\fff
   s4\> s\! s\< s\!
   s4\sfz\> s s2\!
}

\score {
   <<
      \new Staff { << \music \dynamicsI >> << \music \dynamicsII >> }

}

PNG image