Re: empty Staff context and vertical spacing

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: empty Staff context and vertical spacing
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:52:06 +0200

2010/10/11 Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
>  when using \RemoveEmptyStaffContext, between-system-padding and
> between-system-space seem to have no effect, the staff systems are
> squeezed together with seemingly no vertical space between them.
>
> Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. I tried to find information in the
> doca about that but didn't see anything concerning this issue.
>
> Here are the infos:
>
> lilypond version: 2.13.23
>
> the layout block on the top level:
>
> \layout {
>  indent = 4\cm
>  \context {
>    \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
>    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
>  }
>   between-system-padding = 2\cm
>   between-system-space = 2\cm
> }
>
> I also tried to set between-system-padding and -space in a \paper
> block but that didn't change anything.

The vertical spacing system has changed from 2.12 to 2.13.
You have to use a syntax like

  between-system-spacing = #'((space . 12) (minimum-distance . 8) (padding . 1))

Please read the 2.13 version of the doc:
NR 4.4 Vertical spacing
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/vertical-spacing
NR 4.1.2 Page formatting
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/page-formatting

And I think \RemoveEmptyStaffContext has been changed to

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Staff
      \RemoveEmptyStaves
      % To use the setting globally, uncomment the following line:
      % \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

but I'm not sure whether \RemoveEmptyStaffContext is deprecated or not.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>