Re: anybody understand the instrumentCueName docs?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: anybody understand the instrumentCueName docs?
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:07:34 +0100

Keith

If voice or cuevoice contexts are created, explicitly or implicitly, in music which is passed to \addQuote the cue notes are not extracted correctly. A \set command will implicitly create a voice. You can get round this by using tags. Here's how I would code your example. I prefer to keep
the context structure and the music quite separate.

Trevor

oboe = \relative c''' {
 g1
 g4 r8 e16 f e4 d
}
\addQuote "oboe" { \oboe }

violin = \relative c'' {
 g4. b8 a4 g4
 \tag #'cue  \set CueVoice.instrumentCueName = "ob."
 \cueDuring #"oboe" #UP { R1 }
 g4. b8 d2
}
\addQuote "v" { \removeWithTag #'cue { \violin } }

timpani = \relative c' {
 r2
 \set CueVoice.instrumentCueName = "vln"
 \cueDuring #"v" #UP { r2 }