Skipping notes in \lyricsto

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Skipping notes in \lyricsto
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 22:34:41 +0100

Is there any way to get lyrics to completely skip some notes in the
melody? (This is essentially for a fakesheet, and the notes I want to
skip are a cue for an instrumental part.)  It's not a melisma, so I
don't want extender notes or hyphens. I thought of splitting the
melody into separate variables and only applying \lyricsto to the
relevant ones, which might work (the splits don't come in nice places,
though, because of an awkwardly placed volta), but I wondered whether
there was an easier way.

--
Tim Rowe