Re: How to include a file/definition temporarily?

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: How to include a file/definition temporarily?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:32:41 +0200

Don't feel any pressure to test my patch. I just wanted you to know it was available because you had made the feature request. It will get added to git relatively soon, and there should be a new release coming soon as well.

actually haven't got a clue what I have to do with your patch after
downloading it.

You would download the patch, then apply it using

git apply

Then you'd rebuild lilypond with

make

Carl,

thank you for your kind instructions. I managed to apply your patch (issue2208048_1012.diff) and to rebuild LilyPond v.2.13.35. I tested your patch and it looks marvelous to me. Thanks a million! I will come back to you with my five chord-shape-fretboard-table-files as soon as they are ready to be presented.

BTW at the end of the build process I got the following errors:

Dissecting...lilypond-book.py: error: file not found: fretboards- alternate-tables.ly

make[1]: *** [out/notation.texi] Error 1
rm out/weblinks.itexi
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pls/lilypond-git/Documentation'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I also tried to apply issue2208048_11001.diff but to no avail (loads of errors/process aborted). Is there anything else I have to pay attention to? Do I have to remove old patches before I can apply new ones?

Thank you for your help!

patrick

P.S.: Is there anything wrong with the two patches I sent you? Anything missing?