Re: Scoping problem in define-music-function

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Scoping problem in define-music-function
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:54:06 +0200

Marc Hohl schrieb:
Hello list,

thanks to Reinhold Kainhofer and Wilbert Berendsen I managed to get a callback with an
additional argument.

Now I want to write a music function like this:

myFunction = #(define-music-function parser location fret music) (string? ly:music?)
 (let (( ... some expressions ... ))

 #{
    \override TabNoteHead #'stencil = #(my-special-callback fret)
 #}
 (..some more scheme stuff working on music...)
 #{
    \revert TabNoteHead #'stencil
 #}
))

but lilypond complains with

<string>:2:46: Fehler: GUILE signalisierte einen Fehler für den hier beginnenden Ausdruck
   \override TabNoteHead #(quote stencil) = #
                                             (my-special-callback fret)
Unbound variable: fret

So fret is not known within #{ ... #}.
Ah, I've found some $ missing. Now the error has gone away, but the function is still not working.

Sorry for the noise.

Marc