Re: Optimising output for screen.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Optimising output for screen.
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:49:15 +0200

Kaz Kylheku <address@hidden> writes:

> For reference, I have here Adobe Reader 9.3.3 and Evince 2.30.3.
>
> I do see the bar lines over-extending past the staff lines.
> This must be a Lilypond bug.

Not at all.

> If that were a scaling artifact, it would be impossible to
> draw the letter T without the stem crossing through the
> crown.

It is usually drawn as one outline.

Of course, Lilypond could try to mitigate the scaling sensitivity by
drawing barlines ending in the _middle_ of staff lines.  However, it
means that you have to treat the corners (bar lines at the start/end of
a staff) separately.  It may be hard to come up with a good way of doing
them similarly insensitive to scaling issues.

--
David Kastrup