Re: Optimising output for screen.

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Optimising output for screen.
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:53:08 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Phil Burfitt" <address@hidden>; "Kaz Kylheku" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:59 PM

Phil Holmes  wote Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:37 PM

I have noticed the way Adobe Reader renders lines, etc., somewhat variably,

Phil, do you see this variability in Adobe Reader if you select
"Use system setting" for the Resolution and view at exactly 100%?
Then try 99% or 101%, or any other and you'll see the variability.

I think it's scaling that causes the distortion.

Trevor

As it turns out, the screen shot was with Reader set to 100% scaling (it was a co-incidence, A4 scales to 96.9% on my screen). It's the same at 200%. As I said - I ascribe this to Reader and am not worried about it, was just pointing out it does happen. I guess it might be worth a note in the docs somewhere.

--
Phil Holmes