Re: Help with this lilypond error

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Help with this lilypond error
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:17:05 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "peterwinson1" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 6:31 AM

JMarc, thank you for the suggestion.  Here is the result:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29735309/Ye%2Bwho%2Bown%2Bver2.png

There is still a problem.  The second bar which is the refrain, I want to
move to the bottom of everything. As I understand it, this is the result of
<< >>, which puts everything in parrallel.  So how do I do a bar of the
refrain at the bottom of a song?

Peter,

I'm struggling to understand what you mean. You say "The second bar which is the refrain" - do you mean the second (lower) staff in the music you've shown? If you want to get that to the end on a line on its own, why don't you just use a single staff and place the refrain music at the end? You can start it on a new line with \break.

If this isn't what you're trying to do, a scan of the original would be helpful.

--
Phil Holmes