Re: lilypond-book and fonts

From: Christopher Meredith
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and fonts
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:56:27 -0500

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 13 September 2010 19:37, Christopher Meredith <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hate to ask this here beause I know it's really a LaTeX question.
>> But I'm looking for a way to change the default font for text elements
>> in lilypond-book.  I want to use the same OTF font I use for lyric text
>> in LilyPond.  I presume this will require the use of a package but I
>> know virtually nothing about LaTeX. Any assistance appreciated!
>
> Hi!
>
> The easiest way would be to use \usepackage (only if the font is
> available as it).
> What's the name of the OTF font you use for lyric text?
>
> A list of font available as \uspackage can be found at
> http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/ .
> If you use LilyPond's default font for lyrics, then you should use the
> New Century Schoolbook package, but I would rather suggest you to use
> TEX Gyre Schola instead, since it is an enhanced version of it.
>
>  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>  \usepackage{tgschola}
>
> http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/newcent/
> http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/tgschola/

Thanks, this is very helpful. The font I have been using is called "Figural"

http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/letraset/figural/

I like it, but I'm not married to it. If it's easier to pick a LaTeX
friendly font and use that in LilyPond rather than the other way
around, I can do that.

Which raises the question: Is there an easiy way to use LaTeX fonts in
LilyPond? Will they simply be available alongside the other system
fonts I have installed?