Re: probematic transposition

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: probematic transposition
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:16:42 +0000

 On 9/13/2010 8:56 PM, address@hidden wrote:
On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:58:03 +0000, David Bobroff<address@hidden>
wrote:
I've got a piece in Eb major with a section in E major.  For the
instrumentation involved it will almost certainly be necessary to
transpose it all down a minor 3rd due to the range in some of the
parts.  The Eb section comes out in C which is just fine but the E major
ends up in C# major which is not so convevient.  Db would be much easier
to read.  Is there a straightforward way to accomplish having the Eb
section in C and the E section in Db?
Not as easy but I break music like that (just the one part) into pieces.
It's easy enough
to put the pieces back together with { \piece1 piece2 } and { \transpose x
y \piece1 \transpose a b \piece2 }

Paul Scott

Yeah, that's about what I figured.  Thanks.

-David