Re: Chords with unequal durations

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Chords with unequal durations
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:06:28 -0700

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Steven Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> I’m trying to typeset a chord that needs to look like this:  <c4 e4 g2.>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on how this could be engraved without the
> warnings?

stop =
#(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
  (set! (ly:music-property music 'tweaks)
        (acons 'before-line-breaking
               (lambda (grob)
                 (let ((dots (ly:grob-object grob 'dot)))
                   (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'duration-log 2)
                   (and (ly:grob? dots)
                        (ly:grob-set-property! dots 'dot-count 0))))
               (ly:music-property music 'tweaks)))
  music)

\new Staff \relative c'
{
  <\stop c \stop e g>2.
}

I forget who created this when I ask the same question a while back,
but it works great.

-----Jay