Re: List-email Suggestion

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: List-email Suggestion
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 11:33:17 -0700

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:52:54 -0400, PMA <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Hi List.
>
> Would it be feasible to prepend "[Lilypond]" to the forum's email
> Subject line?

This is ugly and unnecessary.

It also won't work if someone, rather than replying, originates a
new e-mail which is CC'd to you and the mailing list, which
will go to your inbox without passing through the list server.

> Much of my other mail arrives this way -- like that from "[Csnd]" and
> "[LAU]".
> Does wonders for auto-filing.

My sieve filter does wonders by looking at the list of recipients. If
the Cc or To headers of an incoming e-mail contain the address
"address@hidden", then it's filed into the Lilypond
folder.

I have not seen a misfiled piece of correspondence so far.

No assistance is required from a subject line crutch.