Re: Center entire markup block

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Center entire markup block
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:57:08 -0700 (PDT)

Christopher Meredith wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:04 AM, James Bailey
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 5, 2010, at 6:19 AM, Christopher Meredith wrote:
>>
>>> I have a couple of markup blocks which are currently left aligned
>>> which I would like to be centered on the page. The following snippet
>>> is the section in question and it contains solutions from the LSR as
>>> well as other projects. In other words, I know it works but I don't
>>> know exactly how.
>>>
>>> http://pastebin.com/FTinRLWx
>>>
>>> I've tried everything I can think of. Can someone point out what I
>>> would need to do to center this? Thanks.
>>

>> Wrap everything in a \center-column. That should work.
>>
> That's what I was thinking, I just don't know where to put it. No
> matter what I try, I get errors or stuff off the page.

or simply use

\markup
  \fill-line {
  \column {
    \line {
      "6. "
      \column {
        "Human reason, though it ponder,"
        "Cannot fathom this great wonder"
        "That Christ's body e'er remaineth"
        "Though it countless souls sustaineth,"
        "And that He His blood is giving"
        "With the wine we are receiving."
        "These great mysteries unsounded"
        "Are by God alone expounded."
    \vspace #2
    \line {
      "7. "
      \column {
        "Jesus, Sun of Life, my Splendor,"
        "Jesus, Thou my Friend most tender,"
        "Jesus, Joy of my desiring,"
        "Fount of life, my soul inspiring, --"
        "At Thy feet I cry, my Maker,"
        "Let me be a fit partaker"
        "Of this blessed food from heaven,"
        "For our good, Thy glory, given."
  \hspace #4
  \column {
    \line {
      "8. "
      \column {
        "Lord, by love and mercy driven"
        "Thou hast left Thy throne in heaven"
        "On the cross for us to languish"
        "And to die in bitter anguish,"
        "To forego all joy and gladness"
        "And to shed Thy blood in sadness."
        "By this blood, redeemed and living,"
        "Lord, I praise Thee with thanksgiving."
    \vspace #2
    \line {
      "9. "
      \column {
        "Jesus, Bread of Life, I pray Thee,"
        "Let me gladly here obey Thee."
        "By Thy love I am invited,"
        "Be Thy love with love requited;"
        "From this Supper let me measure,"
        "Lord, how vast and deep love's treasure."
        "Though the gifts Thou here dost give me"
        "As Thy guest in heaven receive me."
  \hspace #1
}

and change the horizontal or vertical spacing!