OS X fonts (was Re: Global Font Change?)

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: OS X fonts (was Re: Global Font Change?)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:02:20 -0500

Using

     lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x

was suggested as a way to look at the fonts Lilypond has available. Doing this from the command line on my Mac (10.4.11 FWIW), I got:

[tim ~]$ lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x
GNU LilyPond 2.12.3
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

I have no idea what to do with this information (e.g., is it a bug? Something I am doing wrong?). Using "locate" I did find:

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/guile/1.8/ice-9/ boot-9.scm

on my computer. Is there a load-path problem with Mac installations of Lilypond (and is that why I have never been able to get Lilypond to use any font but the default)?

And is Lilypond also not locating anything else in /Applications/ LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/guile/* ?