Articulation of \prallup

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Articulation of \prallup
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:14:54 -0700

Hi all,

Firstly, I have a question. Is the \prallup ornament supposed to be the same thing
as a Baroque style trill with termination?

That is to say, exemplified by a transformation like
{d4 \prallup c} -> {e32 d e d e d c d c4}.

The notation looks very similar.

Secondly, does anyone have a patch for articulate.ly to implement it?

I'm thinking of a shortcut approach whereby we basically
take the primary note, split it into two consecutive notes of
half the original time value, the first being subject to a
trill, and the second to a turn.

I.e.

{d4 \prallup c } -> { d8 \trill d8 \turn }