Re: One line of lyrics, then two lines -> vertical alignment

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Re: One line of lyrics, then two lines -> vertical alignment
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 01:29:01 +0200

Am Sonntag, 22. August 2010 schrieb James Bailey:

> > My problem now is in the last system, where the lyrics part in two lines.
> > I was unable to figure out how to achieve in it the way this page shows
> > it.
> >
> > What is your suggestion, please?

> Perhaps this from the LSR will help:
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=503

Yep, thanks, or to speak with the lyrics: „Schönen Dank“ (”thanks a lot“). :-)

The only pity is that, after I researched it for half an hour, I found out
that I can’t center-align the first syllable of the lower line, because it
starts on a melisma. So I had to left-align the upper line, in order for the
two lines to be aligned to each other. This looks a little ugly, but well, I’m
glad I’m done with it now.

It’s funny that, for almost every piece I set for my choir, I had to research
and learn one or two new things about lilypond.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Programmers don’t die, they GOSUB without RETURN.