Re: Help with sheet music format

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Help with sheet music format
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:29:21 +0200

Am 2010-08-17 um 09:58 schrieb Alexander Kobel:

[...] fretboard diagrams. [...]
A rough example (less the slashes can be found here:
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/scorchVPE.asp?ppn=SC0009216

You are looking for something like this:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets-big-page#Guitar-strum-rhythms

I'm not a guitar player, so I usually don't pay any attention on fretboards, but this makes me wonder: I can't remember to have seen fret diagrams without the bottom line indicating the last fret (i.e., all diagrams I know are "closed" at their bottom, as is shown in the example Stephen quoted. This is not the case for LilyPond's diagrams: the bottom line is missing, i.e. the diagrams are "open". Is this intentional / more correct / the "real" way to write fretboards, or merely a possible bug?

As a guitar player I know both types and like the open one better - your guitar neck isn't closed at that fret...

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm