Re: early music transcriptions

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: early music transcriptions
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:18:50 -0500

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Geisel Hanna
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have two questions concerning transcriptions of medieval or renaissance
> music:
> How does one enter color brackets? I couldn't find them anywhere, but as
> they're rather basic I'd be surprised if they weren't supported. (My next
> question about this is probably going to be: How does one deal with colored
> ligatures or color overlapping ligatures?)

I've just put a red ligature indication in my transcription of a
Philippe de Vitry motet. My ligatures are actually done with analysis
brackets, though, since there's some issue with ligatures and lyrics.
Here's how I got the red bracket, though:

  \once \override HorizontalBracket #'color = #red

Then I just make ligatures with the normal \startGroup and \stopGroup
commands for analysis brackets.

> Are trecento measure signs supported, as quaternaria, ternaria, ... ,
> duodenaria?
> Very grateful for any hints I remain
> with all the best wishes, Hanna

Not sure about this. You might check the Lilypond Snippet Repository
and the manual sections on Ancient music.

HTH,

Jonathan

p.s. if you want to see the rest of my code I can send you an archive
file privately.
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com