Re: Turning on sustain between variables

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Turning on sustain between variables
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:32:17 +0200

2010/8/4 James <address@hidden>:

> Tricks and Tweaks are for the the LSR (http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/) and
> for relatively simple and common tweaks, the 'selected snippets' at
> the end of each section in the manual.
>
> If you think you have found something others would benefit from then
> see
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/contributing.html
>
> The specific application of something that is documented as far as I
> can tell, isn't a trick or even in this case a tweak.
>
> It's just an application of a function of LilyPond in one of perhaps
> many ways.  Which would be impractical to document.

Yes, of course.

My message was not a criticism against present documentation!
I used the word "trick" in quotation marks because I could not find a
proper word for that in English (even in French I did not have a good
word for this).

As you said very justly :
  It's just an application of a function of LilyPond in one of perhaps
  many ways.

I did not mean it was not in the documentation and it should have a
setion dedicated to it.
I agree with you, as you say "it would be impractical to document".

I'm not very comprehensible, sorry!

Cheers,
Xavier

--