Re: How to suppress bar lines?

From: Éditions IN NOMINE
Subject: Re: How to suppress bar lines?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:29:42 +0200

Well several issues :

1. \cadenzaOn, and you place the barlines where you want. But you'll have to force the breaks too (don't do it, and your staff will jump out of your page on the right !)
2. use \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t or ##f when you want
3. in the layout block, you can remove the Barline engraver like this :
\layout{
      \context {
      \Score
      \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t
Hope that helps you !

JMarc
TheOldFellow a écrit :
Hi,
Sorry about the newbie question.  I need to suppress all bar lines (except those explicit with /bar).  I have tried adding automaticBars, e.g.:

\version "2.12.3"
\score {

    \new StaffGroup \relative c''  {
\set automaticBars = ##f
c4 d e c c d e c
        c d e c c d e c c1

to a score, but this seems to have no effect.  I am probably putting it in the wrong place, or have the syntax wrong.  Could some kind soul give me an example.

Richard.