Re: fermata not shown at playing parts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: fermata not shown at playing parts
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:21:36 +0200

Am 17.07.2010 17:05, schrieb James Lowe:
play brass in an orchestra...you get all sorts on multi measure rests (and
there are soooooooo many rests!
Playing Celesta can be even more "fun". At my last orchestral concert my first notes happened to be 32 minutes after the beginning of the symphony...
not that I'm bitter)... particularly what we would call in lilypond world a
text spanner (rit, dim etc) if that counts. But mainly markup text is always on
multi measure rests in my scores.

Playing 52 bars rest Largo is tough going I can tell you!
My favourite is having 52 bars with changing meters but only one multi-measure rest. (This also happens, especially in hand-written parts).

Best
Urs