parenthesized octave clef

From: James Bailey
Subject: parenthesized octave clef
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 22:02:45 +0200

I'm trying to figure out how to get a parenthesized "8" on a clef. Here's my best solution, clearly not ideal, but it will do in a pinch. I just have to figure out how to get the 8 right size and slant. I may end up doing away with the cuationary clef so I would only need the one size, but any help on how to make this look better would be very appreciated.
\version "2.12.3"
{
   \once \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
   \once \override Staff.Clef #'text = \markup \center-column {
      \line { \raise #0.0 {\musicglyph #"clefs.G"} }
      \line { \teeny \concat { "("\italic \musicglyph #"eight" ")" } }
   }
   \clef treble
   c'4
}