fyi - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: fyi - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFreeCultureShowcase
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:23:15 +0200

Hi,

Read about Ubuntu's free culture showcase this morning on
Ivanka Majic's blog.

Title of the post: Art in the open.

First sentence: Are you a musician?

Dove right into the wiki and was saddened by the fact that
it did not mention LilyPond.  Tweeted @ivanka and she added it!

So now I'm looking for someone to take this up and send
in a composition in LilyPond to -- save me from embarrassment
for taking this up -- I mean, -- to win eternal fame :-)

Greetings,
Jan

PS: do we have/want a special place in the new website for
    original/new compositions made with/in LilyPond?

PPS: wouldn't it be nice if we had so many great composers
     in our userbase that we could stage a composition
     contest with a major release?

Freelance IT http://JoyOfSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl