Re: orchestrallily: Can't get it to work

From: MonAmiPierrot
Subject: Re: orchestrallily: Can't get it to work
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 02:46:44 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Reinhold.
I didn't nothing more than download the .ly in your website and put it in a
folder.
But reading your and Alex's comments, I'm realizing I'm very far from
getting OL to work. I use Windows XP and I think I can get to work LP 2.13.
But my coding/command line skills are almost equals to zero, even Alex last
comment seems esoteric for me.
So, please be patient if some of these days I'll come with silly questions!
One thing: from what I can read in the docs, OL stays to LP as LaTeX stays
to TeX. Go on like this.
Piero

Alex Stone wrote:

> Here's an example of me trying to use the app. I assume from my
> limited knowledge that i should run "python generate_oly_score.py" to
> begin the process.
>
> If this is correct (which i doubt), then this is the result:
>
> address@hidden ~/git-projects/orchestrallily $ python
> generate_oly_score.py onetwo.ly
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "generate_oly_score.py", line 535, in <module>
>     main ();
>   File "generate_oly_score.py", line 519, in main
>     settings = Settings ();
>   File "generate_oly_score.py", line 57, in __init__
>     self.load (settings_file);
>   File "generate_oly_score.py", line 150, in load
>     print ("Unable to load settings file '%s'. Exiting..." % file_name)
> NameError: global name 'file_name' is not defined
> address@hidden ~/git-projects/orchestrallily $
>

> Help?
>
> Alex.
>
> --
> www.openoctave.org
>
> address@hidden
> address@hidden

-----
Piero Faustini

Main Software used:
- LyX 1.6.2 on WinXP sp3; EndNote & JabRef
- MikTex
- LaTeX class: Koma book
- Lilypond 2.12 for example excerpts
- BibLaTeX for bibliographies