Re: Aligning the end of a text spanner with a tempo indication

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Aligning the end of a text spanner with a tempo indication
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:02:38 -0400

Hi Richard,

> Thank you for that suggestion. It works.
> (I had looked TextSpanner up in Internals, but it wasn't obvious from the
> documentation there that TextSpanner even has a property #'(bound-details
> right attach-dir), let alone that that property was the right one for this
> task.)

It is somewhat opaque...  =)

For future archive readers, the very first property on
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/internals/textspanner> shows that:
    1. there is a property #'bound-details
    2. there are left and right subproperties
    3. the left subproperty has a subsubproperty called attach-dir (defaulted
to -1).

On the page
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/source/Documentation/notation/spanners>,
 which deals with spanners in general (including textspanners in particular),
we find:

"A number of further properties of the left and right sub-lists of the
bound-details property may be modified in the same way [...] attach-dir: this
determines where the line starts and ends in the X-direction, relative to the
bound object. So, a value of -1 (or LEFT) makes the line start/end at the left
side of the note head it is attached to."

Hope this helps!
Kieren.