Re: bounties

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: bounties
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:35:30 +0200

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
> (I wouldn't surely be the ideal person for founding a lilypond
> users group), I am willing to spend a fee, say $50 a year, for
> supporting the lilypond development. If there are 99 people more
> (and I think there are a lot more!), we would have $5000 to pay
> someone for improving lilypond.

As I mentioned in the other thread, there are plans to build such an
organization in France, from scratch (another possibility would be to
revive the (Netherlands-based?) LilyPond foundation, but we'd need
more information about it).

The main obstacle, of course, being the international essence of the
project, whereas non-profit organisations, bank accounts, etc. are
usually conceived in a nation-centric perspective.

Cheers,
Valentin