Re: force a double page break

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: force a double page break
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 02:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm engraving a violin part, and I want a certain page break
> (manually/explicitly forced) to skip TWO pages, i.e., break the page and
> then leave a completely blank page.
>
> 1. What's the most elegant way of doing this?
> 2. Is there a way that allows me to have a centered text (e.g., "This page
> intentionally left blank.")?

hi

i'm not sure it is elegant but it works - at least to center the text
horizontally:

    \pageBreak
    \stopStaff
    \cadenzaOn
    \once \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #all-invisible
    \once \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'stencil = ##f
    \once \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##f
    s1 - \markup \column { \vspace #12 \fill-line { \null "This page
intentionally left blank." \null } }
    \bar ""
    \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = ##f
    \once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
    \once \override Staff.KeySignature #'stencil = ##f
    \cadenzaOff
    \startStaff
    \pageBreak
    \music

if the music before and after is written in two scores this simplifies to:

\pageBreak
\markup \column { \vspace #22 \fill-line {\null "this page" \null}}
\pageBreak
\pageBreak
\markup " "
\pageBreak

i have no idea how to center the text vertically - is it possible?
another problem could be the page numbering…