Re: Suppress .ps generation

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Suppress .ps generation
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 20:24:01 +0200

Am Sonntag, 6. Juni 2010, um 18:47:31 schrieb Francisco Vila:
> 2010/6/6 Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden>:
> > If I use -dbackend=eps a lot of what I would call "intermediate" files
> > are created ( *.tex, *.texi, *.count, *.eps ). But
> > -ddelete-intermediate-files does not delete those. Is there a way to
> > just keep a pdf, or an eps or png image as result, and automatically
> > delete the other stuff that is created on my harddisk when using
> > -dbackend=eps ?
>
> I am not aware of one,

There is an easy way to suppress generation of these auxilliary files: See
"lilypond -dhelp", in particular 'aux-files (#t).

In short, you can suppress the generation of these files by simply calling
lilypond as
lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-aux-files file.ly

> and honestly I don't know what are these files
> created for.

They are used by lilypond-book. When I added the (no-)aux-files option, I was
reluctant to change the default to #f and not create those files by default. I
would prefer it, though, it we could change it to not create these files by
default, and call lilypond with the appropriate " -daux-files=#t " command
line option in lilypond-book...

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886