Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 21:41:39 +0200

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 18:15 +0200, Tanguy Léost wrote:
> Federico Bruni a écrit :
> > But it's not working:
> >
> > * Geany cannot recognize the .ly file
> > Maybe because this line is missing?
> >
> > # default extension used when saving files
> > extension=ly
> >

> I don't know if it's necessary.

It's not necessary

> > * no highlight and no build commands
> >
> > * the only working function is... mmh, what's the name? I mean, the -
> > sign at the beginning of every variable or command (like /repeat
> > and /paper). Nesting?
> >

> shouldn't it be \repeat, \paper ?
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

sorry, I'm using an american keyboard and I typed the wrong key: of
course it's \ and not /

anyway, I meant to say that I was able to hide/show all the notes inside
a variable or command beginning with \ by clicking on the - sign on the
left side of the editor

> > Can you try attaching your file instead of copying and pasting it?
> > (for example, in [keywords] primary= ... was not on a single line as it
> > should... I guess it's your email client fault, right? I fixed that but
> > probably there's still something wrong)
> >

> Yes, sure, I'll attach it to this email.

Yes, now it works fine. Thanks.
I guess it was a "copy&paste problem".

It would be nice to emprove the highlighting.
I'll try to study and work on it.
I wonder how other editors, such as Frescobaldi, implement the
highlighting feature.

Cheers,
Federico