Re: Ties over 2 voices

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Ties over 2 voices
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Phil Holmes-2 wrote:

> I do use spacer rests extensively - I've just posted a small section of
> the
> music, without showing the spacers.  But how would you terminate the tie
> on
> a spacer?

just wanted to say that you don't have to repeat the whole lot of notes in
the second voice if there is no need. in the case of the ties you need -
afaik - a 2nd voice and there you can write the information that does not
fit into a single voice!

\context Staff {
  \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
  \time 3/4 r2