Re: Tablature with squared noteheads

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Tablature with squared noteheads
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 07:08:08 +0200

Il giorno lun, 26/04/2010 alle 19.26 -0300, Bernardo Barros ha scritto:
> I'm copying a part with a tablature and there is one measure that I
> have damped strings on the guitar. I'd like to notate this with a
> different notehead (a black square, or maybe a cross) instead and the
> usual numbers. Is it possible?

Yes and you don't need any override, try this:

frag = {
  \key e \major
  e16 fis gis a b4
  \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #8
  \deadNotesOn
  e16 fis gis a b4
  \deadNotesOff
}

BTW, instead of
\override NoteHead #'style = #'cross

you should have used
\override TabNoteHead #'style = #'cross

but I guess \deadNotesOn does exactly what you want to achieve.

Read also the doc:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/guitar#Indicating-harmonics-and-dampened-notes

HTH,
Federico