Re: Chord Naming

From: Jack Cooper
Subject: Re: Chord Naming
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:49:09 -0700 (PDT)

I was a bit lax in not mentioning that this particular setting is mentioned
under the notation manual
section 2.7.2, "Displaying Chords" for both version 2.12 and 2.13 documentation.

It is sometimes frustrating finding examples as a newer user- after a while you
start to build a
library of your favourite tricks and shortcuts without remembering where the
description
of the feature came from.

In general, I do the following when I'm looking for information about a topic
in lilypond and
have done this since starting out:

1 - Check the notation manual.  I will sometime browse the TOC or look
specifically in the index.
2 - Do a search in the user list archives.
3 - Browse the LSR

I almost always find what I am looking for by searching through the list
archives.  There will usually be a pointer to a
previous discussion where the solution was described,  or a pointer to the
relevant notation manual chapter
or LSR entry.  The  hardest thing is sometimes finding the right keyword to
search.

Cheers,
  Jack

--