Re: Big Chords in PianoStaff

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Big Chords in PianoStaff
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:12:15 -0500

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Bernardo Barros
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have another problem here, I tried to find a solution and I couldn't.
> Maybe it's very easy.
>
> I'll simplify the examples to make it clear.
>
> I have a line in a PianoStaff (actually it's for Harp in the original) and
> there is one single chord in the upper staff that is bigger that has some
> notes more suitable for the lower staff, with a bass clef. It's hard because
> \autochange and \change Staff DON'T work just for half of a chord, just for
> the entire chord. Ah, in this measure there is nothing in the lower staff.
>
> Is there another command that could split the chord between the staff in an
> optimal way, so each staff gets the more appropriate notes????

I don't know that there's a way for this to happen automatically, but
it's definitely possible to get it to look the way you want. Check the
Granados example on the LP examples page:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/web/examples#Examples

I think it has some of what you're looking for.  I'll attach the
source file for you as well.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp