Re: [tablatures] Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations a

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [tablatures] Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:28:20 -0600

On 4/24/10 3:12 PM, "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24 April 2010 21:54, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Actually, map was my friend.
>
> Ah, my attempts failed because I forgot to wrap the music in
> `make-simultaneous-music'. :)

Whoa -- I wouldn't have expected that from you -- I'd have expected it only
from me.  Maybe you are human after all. ;)

>> I've attached a revised version of chord-glissando.ly and a test file
>> chord-gliss-tab.ly.
>>
>> After you've had a chance to try it out, I'll add something to the LSR.
>
> Looks great.
>
> I think both of these overrides are redundant, since they're already
> part of `add-glissando-line':
>
>        \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
>      <<
>        \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t

I think you're right.  Originally, the first one wasn't redundant, because
we were using the glissando line from the chord for one of the glissando
lines.  But that didn't work well with tablature, so now we're drawing all
of the glissando lines with add-glissando line.

Thanks,

Carl