Re: Segmentation fault with \revert Stem #'(details beamed-lengths) in

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault with \revert Stem #'(details beamed-lengths) in \voiceOne
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:51:02 +0100

On 22 April 2010 08:20, Rodolfo Zitellini <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mmh interesting to debug! :)

Heh, I guess we're lucky it triggered a segfault as a side effect,
otherwise it could've gone unnoticed for even longer. :)

Here's the tracker entry:

As you can see from the snippet, it actually affects all nested
properties, not just lists.

> If you can give me some pointers on how to start diving in the sources
> I can try to track this down myself.

Well, assuming you're compiling with --disable-optimising and have the
.gdbinit file which allows you to peek at grobs and SCMs
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/debugging-c_002b_002b-code#Debugging-C_002b_002b-code),
you'll probably want to follow the override/revert path from
property-iterator.cc -> nested-property.cc.

If you grep for "Override" you'll see how the stream event for an
override is broadcast, then caught by the listener in
engraver-group.cc.

Cheers,
Neil