Re: Create and use a custom staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Create and use a custom staff
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:06:10 -0400

Hi,

> Is it possible to create AND use a custom made staff? And use a /VOICE within
> the staff?
> I did multiple attempts but all without success. Thanks for your help.

I'm not exactly sure if this answers your question, but... here's one example.

I always want my vocal lines to have all "attachments" (e.g., dynamics,
articulations, etc.) above the staff -- so I define a VocalStaff with the
#'direction properties set to #UP:

\version "2.13.17"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \name VocalStaff
    \alias Staff
    \override DynamicLineSpanner #'direction = #UP
    \override Script #'direction = #UP
    \override TextScript #'direction = #UP
    \override TupletBracket #'direction = #UP
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \accepts VocalStaff